Friday, November 14, 2008

29

"It sometimes happens, that a woman is handsomer at twenty-nine than she was ten years before; and, generally speaking, if there has been neither ill health nor anxiety, it is a time of life at which scarcely any charm is lost."- Persuasion by Jane Austen

I just turned twenty-nine a few weeks ago and was rereading Persuasion at the same time. To say the least, I liked this quote a lot. I've been think about life, what I've accomplished compared to what I want to accomplish in my life time and some days I'm satisfied and some days I'm not. But today, I'll just live in today- get what's on my list to get done done, play hide-and-seek with Lily Rose in the new curtains Corey hung up for me, and hope that the anxiety I've faced and the anxiety to come are not too much to fade what beauty I have, because that is most definitely the greatest deterrent to keeping my beauty of youth (although my diet could handle some changes :)). I'm not just meaning my physical beauty either. I mean my energy and blind faith too.

So, here's to pretending I'm a character in one of Jane Austen's books whose twenty-nine with her charm intact!

No comments: