Monday, December 8, 2008

The Little Magician

The Little Magician

"Abracadabra!" the magician declared
As with a flourish he waved his wand in the air
Before spellbound children with awe on each face
Making coins disappear without a trace
His box full of tricks that he never discloses
Wait, how did his wand turn into roses??

The little magician thought he'd give it a try
"Hocus Pocus!" burst out his exuberant cry
Nothing happened? Well, that's no big deal.
"Alakazam!" "Presto Chango!" Hmmm…I'm starting to feel
Like something is missing; I can't do it right
I aimed at my sister but she didn't ignite!

The little magician sat down in his seat.
His hopes had been dashed; he stared at his feet.

"Jaron, come here," the illusionist beckoned.
"I need your help on the stage for a second.
Do you see the empty hat I have here?
There was a rabbit, but I think it disappeared.
My hands are too big; could you reach inside it?
I really need you to help me find it."

The magician-in-training rose from his chair
He reached out his hand and whispered a prayer
Then his expression changed from sadness to joy
When clutched in his fingers was Tricky Troy's toy
"I did it! I did it!" he shouted with glee.
A happier magician you never will see.

No comments: